Confessions of a Line Cook: speaking of the murder kit...

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

speaking of the murder kit...

there's actually a bunch of other stuff in my knife kit as well...there's a furi ozitech sharpener, which works really well and folds down into practically nothing.  i have a pill bottle full of extra stregnth tylenol, zantac 150, and a couple of lortabs for when things get really bad.  i got band aids in there.  i got gum.  i got a couple of sharpies.

i also have a toolbox full of goodies that i sometimes bring to work, depending on what i'm doing.  mostly it stays home.  that has my other two microplanes, my stick blender (an absolutely invaluable tool), a coffee grinder for spices, a few silicone spatulas, a small chinese rolling pin, a gnarly set of chinese veggie carving tools, extra squeeze bottles, pastry bags with a very impressive tip collection (for piping anything from frosting to mashed potatoes to guacamole), some silicone measuring cups and spoons that flatten out, a small bottle of white truffle oil, and a few jars of my favorite spices.  the spices vary, but there's always smoked paprika.

hey other cooks reading this (if any other cooks are reading this), leave a comment and tell me what's in your knife kits!

2 comments:

Mad Reductions said...

I have the same bullshit: knives, a handheld juicer, a stopwatch, and other random kitchen stuff. I like to keep a back-up of towels hidden somewhere so when they don't get ordered I am not fucked. Actually I hide a lot of things so I always know i have them. I took an inventory: Scrubby(dishwashers are always fuck them up), Pens, towels, clean jacket and apron, lighter, socks, boxers, deodorant, toothbrush and paste, toilet paper , paper towels, a roll of masking tape, and Duct tape along with Rohypnol. If I think of anything else I will let yo know. I enjoy your blog a lot. At least someone else knows my pain. keep it up.

mikey said...

dude you keep roofies in you knife kit? and duct tape and boxer shorts? i have a murder kit, but you got a date rape kit!