Confessions of a Line Cook: holy god my computer is f**ked up

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

holy god my computer is f**ked up

sorry dear readers, i haven't posted in a while.  my computer has some sort of virus that i just can't get rid of, and it's not allowing me to access my blog.  i can blog from my blackberry, but the sort of posts i like to write are frigging annoying to type on my bb.  i could twitter from my bb (but twittering is stupid) but blogging from it is a pain in my ass.

anyway, i also have an old crappy laptop that i have to drag upstairs and actually plug in to my ethernet cable, which i guess isn't really a problem, i'm just lazy.

ANYway...i can't really remember what happened at work this week so i'm assuming that nothing important went down.  we got some new steaks...16 oz bone in new york strips, to replace our 12 oz ribeyes that weren't selling.  these new ones are ginormous.  i think they look awesome, but i also think that 16 oz of protein for one meal is disgusting and excessive.  unless you're doing a hot wing challenge or something, or eating that five pound steak in texas.  i guess then it's more about proving your awesomeness.  but if you're just looking for a little dinner and you decide to order a goddamn pound of steak then i think you got issues.

oh yeah, on thursday my mother in law had a little gettogether at the restaurant, and it was her, my father in law, my lovely wife, a couple folks from the bank my m-i-l used to work at, and for some reason, my boss's dad.  i went out to talk to them before they ordered and when i came back to the kitchen i said "umm....boss?  i think your dad is hitting on my wife" and he just goes "probably."  classic.  the boss was working for jenney on thursday cause she ran off to get married.  and we weren't exactly busy, but we had a good weekday dinner rush and i ran circles around him and that's always fun.

geez, i wish i could think of more stuff to talk about right now, considering i haven't blogged in a week, but i'm all out.

here's a picture of my kitchen!  it's hot in there!

2 comments:

Mad Reductions said...

Is that Imperial Butter-it in the squirt bottles?

mikey said...

actually it's phase saute oil. i hate it. there's garlic butter up there too, though. and water.