Confessions of a Line Cook: the drink of champions

Friday, September 16, 2011

the drink of champions

the first step is to rock a badass shift on the line.  or don't, i guess, cause i drink these on my days off too.  anyway, they taste better after working 9 hours in a kitchen. 

step one.  get a pint glass and fill that sumbitch with ice.
then give yourself a good ol generous pour of Jameson.  or Bushmills.  or Powers.  use irish whiskey.
then fill er up with a quality ginger ale of your choice.  i like hansens cause it's spicy on my lips, like kissing an ancient mayan princess.
you could garnish it with a slice of lime or some candied ginger, but i like em straight up.  i actually can't ever taste the alcohol in these, so they can be a bit dangerous...but danger is my middle name.

actually it's not.  my middle name is way more badass than danger.



3 comments:

Cornstarch in my crotch said...

This made my bad day into a great one!

I told someone about your Paula Dean Comment this week. The one about her being your GF or grandma. They thought it was hilarious.

mikey said...

i've finally decided on girlfriend. she could still make me all the grandma food she cooks, but i'd get to motorboat that shit too. i bet she tastes like butter

Cornstarch in my crotch said...

fired butter and she likes it when you roll her in powdered sugar