Confessions of a Line Cook: 5000 hits and a new nickname

Saturday, January 29, 2011

5000 hits and a new nickname

wow.  i honestly never thought i'd get 5000 hits.  when i started this blog, only about five people read it, and i think that number has increased only slightly.  so, thank all of you for reloading my page a thousand times a piece.  i told my wife i was gonna party hard when i hit 1000 hits, (i didn't) and it got to 2000 pretty quick.  i know 5k hits isn't anything to get excited about, in a world where good websites get hit a million times a day, but still, i'm pretty stoked.  keep reading ya'll.

so, i have officially broke through with a nickname at work.  there have historically been a lot of nicknames around the restaurant...zombie, whiskey jay, rattlesnake steve, skywalker, chomo, lor-bear, and the bar manager bestowed a nickname upon myself last week.

i'm henceforth known as...panama.  it's pretty sweet loving van halen so much that my favorite song becomes my moniker...i am known to run over to the stereo and crank it when panama comes on, and i recently tore a huge hole in the crotch of my checks doing sweet jump kicks while listening to panama.  (jump kicks are a time honored tradition in my kitchen).  everybody knows when i'm in a foul mood that a little van halen goes a long way toward improving my disposition.  so, yeah...panama.  dat's me.

2 comments:

rocktrns said...

I just started reading your Blog last month and I think I read every entry so far. Its very interresting what I like about it the most is I can relate to alot of things your saying. such as Customers coming in10 mins before we close and the rush of the line.


You inspired me to make a blog so feel free to read it I will try to make one everyday.


http://lifeofayoungcook.blogspot.com/2011/01/first-blog-line-cook-prep-pantry.html

mikey said...

i'm flattered that my blog inspired your blog. i'll try to keep up with ya