Confessions of a Line Cook: this is gonna be wierd

Saturday, August 14, 2010

this is gonna be wierd

so, it's five thirty am on a saturday, and i'm drinking coffee before work.  first brunch shift.  i was asked to do brunch for a number of reasons.  first and foremost...they need a power cook.  they're losing one (have fun in napa, o-ring!) and need one.  also i guess the brunch guys are a bunch of sad sacks and they want me to liven it up a bit.  and it works better for my home life.  i've been assured that there isn't a busier spot all week than the broiler slot on a brunch. so getting asked to be that guy was kinda nice.  i do miss my fri/sat night crew, and i do miss working those big nights, but i guess brunch is where it's at.  plus i get time to see my wife.  and watch sunday night baseball.

i probably should have looked at the brunch menu on my days off...

2 comments:

Mad Reductions said...

you truly a beast, Mikey. Only a real badass would willingly accept brunch duty because he just knows that is where he is needed most. Thankfully, those days are over me. Most of us can't even say the "b" word without throwing up in our mouths just a little.

Cornstarch in my crotch said...

weird is an understatement. I can't stand "B". I am also single and have no reason to be home on a saturday/ sunday night. Good luck.
If they ask, tell them you don't know how to make hollandaise.